I am searching for the best excavation company in Kirkland for an upcoming residential project, and I want to make sure I choose the right team. The job involves site preparation, grading, and possibly some drainage work, so experience and proper equipment really matter to me. I have been hearing the name CEI Excavating come up in conversations, but I would like to know if anyone here has firsthand experience with CEI Excavating in Kirkland.


How important is it to verify licensing and insurance before hiring an excavation contractor? Should I be asking for references from recent projects similar to mine? I am also curious about timelines. How long does a typical excavation and grading project take for a single family home build in Kirkland?


Another thing I am considering is communication. Have you found that this Kirkland excavation company like CEI Excavating provide clear project estimates and stick to their quoted pricing? Are there common hidden costs in excavation projects that I should be aware of before signing a contract?


I am also wondering about soil conditions in Kirkland. Does the type of soil significantly impact cost and project duration? If you have worked with CEI Excavating, did they handle permitting and inspections smoothly?


I want a company that is reliable, transparent, and skilled. What specific qualities should I prioritize when comparing excavation companies in Kirkland?